PPP: Project - Program - Portfolio
- A Project is a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique product or service.
- Focus on the application of knowledge, skill, tools, techniques and processes to effectively manage a team towards a final deliverable.
- A Program is a collection of projects grouped together to meet strategic business objectives.
- These projects are interdependent or directly related.
- Focus on tracking and analysing information across the entire program.
- A Portfolio is a collection of projects or programs grouped together to meet strategic business objectives.
- These projects or programs are not necessarily interdependent or directly related.
- Focus on identifying, prioritizing, initiating and authorizing programs and projects.